Introduction

    Hello, My name is Luna Wisdom. I am a first-year at Lawrence University in Appleton, WI. I plan on majoring in biology, but creative activities have always been important to me. I have been drawing since I was a child and I love to sing, I also enjoy taking pictures of nature whenever I find something that piques my interest. Drawing has always been a good way for me to help myself deal with my emotions and express myself. I'm very excited to be in an art class this term as I sometimes struggle with finding the motivation to draw and art classes help to push me to be creative. 

    I work with a lot of different mediums, like paint, clay, ink and pens, but my preferred medium is graphite pencil or colored pencil on paper. I love to make large colored illustrations but I haven't had much time with school to work on pieces like that. So, for my project for this class, I am going to make a colored illustration on a piece of 11in by 14in illustration board. For this piece I really wanna play around with different lighting by making my light source be a different color that the usual white/warm light I use in most of my drawings. I'm going to be posting progress photos once every week both to this blog and to my Instagram, @lunassketches. Also bellow are some pictures of my previous work. 

Pensive
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

 

    The first chapter of The Social Photo by Nathan Jurgenson talks a lot about how photography is a form of communication and expression. Although most of the people who read this blog wont see my art in its physical form, my photos will hopefully communicate what I am expressing on the paper. I truly hope you all enjoy going through this process with me, I think it will tun out to be a fun piece and a fun experience. 

https://www.instagram.com/lunassketches/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress Post 1

Progess Post 6

Progress Post 2