Progress Post 2

    Drawing was a bit of a struggle for me this past week but I've gotten my illustration to the point where I can begin coloring! Since I was having a difficult time getting into the right state of mind to draw, I ended up spending some time deciding on my coloring palette. I was also looking through some old illustrations and looking specifically at the techniques I used to create them.

    I think this ties in very well with this week's theme of nostalgia. Going through my old work and looking at how I've improved and how my style has changed over the years, is always a very enlightening and nostalgic experience for me. Looking at old art allows me to pick out things I like that I'd like to recreate and things I don't like that I want to avoid. One quote I really liked from the reading was "layers allow the designer to treat the image as a collection of assets, a database of possibilities" (Lupton, Phillips, 127). Although my drawings don't have physical layers, I think its really important to remember how I created them and imagine the steps I did things in as layers. I think paying attention to your "layers"  and doing things in the right order is an important step in creating a finished product that you're happy with and proud of.

https://www.instagram.com/lunassketches/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progess Post 6

Progress Post 3