Progress Post 3

     This week I began coloring. I started by just making out shadows and highlights and slowly shading them in. I also started by coloring the skin first as that's usually what's easiest for me. I prefer to start my drawing this way because I think drawing where shadows and lights are is easier on something with a smoother texture. I also like to do this because when drawing it feels like I'm doing the bottom layer first and then the hair and everything else go on top. 

    Working on my color palette last week was fun but it felt so great to pick up my colored pencils and work on a drawing and color on illustration board again. I haven't used my colored pencils in awhile so it was nice to get back into it. 

    On page 25 of this week's reading (The Social Photo) there's a line that reads "what is real is only what is photographable, according to the logic of a camera."  I thought of my blog posts when I read this line and especially about the picture I took for this post. All the pictures look so different from how I feel my art looks. This one especially because everything I have drawn is so light that the camera has a hard time picking it all up. I think its interesting to think of this idea and how we talked at the beginning of the class that photos of art are a copy but also in their own way a separate thing all to themselves. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progess Post 6

Progress Post 2