Progress Post 5

    This week, I spent some more time trying to deepen the shadows and keep working on the face area I had started coloring earlier. I realized while doing this it was going to be quite difficult to get the colors right if I didn't first establish the background and the light source. For the most part, the background is just a simple dark blue as I want the focus to be on  the woman and the butterfly. I've made a small gradient with lighter blues around the edges of her face and hair closest to the butterfly. I did this because I want it to look like the light is bouncing off her skin and making a soft glow. 



"While most of this prep work goes unrecorded, selfies can capture that backstage work: the effort to set the scene" (Jurgenson, 56). The pictures I take for this class aren't selfies but they do show the behind the scenes work. Usually when I post on Instagram, it's finished pieces with maybe a photo or two of the sketch that went into it but for this class I dedicate a post to the behind the scenes work every week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progess Post 6

Progress Post 2

Progress Post 3